Leading the management of the delivery teams in Works, Parks & Open Spaces and Engineering you will join Council’s leadership team and be accountable for the timely and effective outcomes of infrastructure programs across the Shire.
- Lead, manage and motivate the team daily to deliver the infrastructure program.
- Embrace and lead change management initiatives.
- Apply well-developed project management and planning skills to deliver high quality outcomes.
Reporting to the Director Infrastructure and Development Services, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the delivery of operational projects within the construction, maintenance and parks areas supported by routine planning processes.
- Managing and will be accountable for the budget and expenditure in the delivery of the work.
- Determining and communicating decisions in terms of allocation of work to ensure a coordinated and systematic approach to all activities.
- Applying project management and planning skills to manage deliverables.
- Managing and directing the team’s delivery of capital works projects in the context of the Council Plan priorities.
- Promoting a strong customer-centred approach to deliver high-quality performance standards.
- Communicating the progress of works with the community and other key stakeholders to maintain engagement.
- Supporting business decisions by providing accurate and informed advice.
- Building rapport and respect within the functional teams across the two Council depots.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification with demonstrated experience working as a manager directing construction, maintenance or parks & open spaces teams is desirable.
- Sound knowledge of local government operations and services.
- Confident leadership style with an ability to manage stakeholder expectations and balance outcomes for all interests.
- A strong sense of time management, prioritisation and understanding of cost and quality implications.
- Ability to work in an environment with competing priorities and be able to embrace and adapt to change.
- Well-developed consultative, liaison, negotiation and influencing skills.
Hepburn Shire Council welcomes applications from suitably qualified high performing professionals, who are interested in joining our small rural Council in a leadership capacity, and contribute to shaping the future for our community.
This is an ongoing full time position with an attractive salary package inclusive of vehicle and super.
For a confidential discussion please contact Bruce Lucas, Director Infrastructure and Development Services on 03 5321 6142.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK.
Applications are to include a:
1. Cover letter;
2. Resume; and
3. Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained here.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to email@example.com. All applications will be held on SEEK.
Applications close Sunday 23 June 2019.
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.