We are currently seeking a proactive and experienced Operations Manager to join our Infrastructure and Development Services unit to continue to motivate our team and manage the delivery of key projects and maintenance operations.
About the role
Oversee and manage the design, planning and delivery of capital works and the effective implementation of maintenance programs for road infrastructure, public gardens and open spaces within the community. This role has a diverse range of responsibilities; no two days will be the same!
Reporting to the Director Infrastructure and Development Services, you will be responsible for managing the day to day operations for Councils Road, Park and Open Spaces teams and actively participate in organisational change initiatives and the establishment of effective systems and processes.
What we can offer
- An opportunity to work for a forward thinking organisation which values employee contribution and provides a work environment focused on excellent customer service delivery.
- Supportive team orientated environment.
- Competitive remuneration package including vehicle.
- Access to ongoing training and development as well as supportive and flexible working arrangements.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or relevant qualification with demonstrated experience working in an Engineering role is desirable.
- Proven management skills (e.g. financial and business acumen to project plan, manage deliverables and develop team capabilities).
- Demonstrated ability in proactively building relationships to gain community cooperation and confidence.
- Ability to effectively communicate and actively listen to all employees, members of the public and other key stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience in delivering projects within the construction and maintenance areas – roads, parks and open space is essential.
- Ability to make sound decisions in allocation of work activities to lead, inspire and guide teams.
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage a number of capital works projects, displaying a strong sense of time management, prioritisation and understanding of cost and quality implications.
- Provide accurate and informed advice on business decisions based on up to date information with the ability to compromise and adapt to changing circumstances.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
For a confidential discussion please contact Bruce Lucas, Director Infrastructure and Development Services on 03 5321 6143.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK.
Applications are to include a:
1. Cover letter;
2. Resume; and
3. Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained here.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to email@example.com. All applications will be held on SEEK.
Applications close Sunday 28 April 2019.