Manager People & Culture
- Permanent Full Time with monthly RDO
- Commencing salary $130K inclusive of 9.5% superannuation and vehicle
- Fast paced and busy role within a supportive and inclusive team environment
About the role
Council is seeking an experienced and dynamic manager to join our professional and supportive People & Culture Team at Hepburn Shire Council based in Daylesford. This position is responsible for developing and implementing people and culture initiatives and providing leadership and advice on strategic human resource management and Occupational health and Safety. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer you will be a strategic member of the Management Team.
- Provide leadership in developing and promoting strategic directions for the organisation that will foster and enable continuous improvement and people development initiatives.
- Provide advice and support to the CEO and Executive Team in facilitating cultural change.
- Provide professional and specialist support and advice in the management of Council’s people, culture and occupational health and safety functions including all industrial and employee relations matters.
- Improve day to day organisational effectiveness through the development and implementation of generalist people management practices to improve productivity and drive a performance and values based culture.
- Develop and review human resources management systems, policies and processes for the use of all levels of management and staff.
- Develop strategic People & Culture initiatives aligned to the Council Plan.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or other relevant discipline.
- Substantial generalist HR experience including industrial and employee relations within a Local Government environment, or similar organisation.
- Demonstrated experience in the strategic management of organisational change initiatives that deliver improved organisational performance.
- Proven leadership capabilities and team development skills with experience in leading, motivating and developing staff to positively influence and develop an organisational culture of excellence.
- Outstanding communication skills with the capability to consult, negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Ability to investigate, analyse and make informed decisions and to understand and manage complex initiatives and sensitive issues.
- Experience in HR policy and procedure development, planning and implementation.
- Capable of working hands-on operationally in delivering outcomes.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values
How to apply
Please submit your application via SEEK and include the following:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities/
For a confidential discussion please contact Kerrie Addison, Manager People & Culture on 0419 586 271.
Applications close Sunday 12 April 2020.
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.