Manager People & Performance
Permanent Full Time
Senior Executive Officer package (including vehicle & super)
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Manager People & Performance to provide leadership in developing and promoting strategic directions for the organisation that will foster and enable continuous improvement and people development initiatives.
We are looking for a fun and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and thrive on innovation come and join our team.
Key Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Provide professional and specialist support and advice in the management of Council’s human resources including all industrial and employee relations issues for Hepburn Shire Council.
- Improve day to day organisational effectiveness through the development and implementation of generalist people management practice to improve productivity and drive a performance and values based culture.
- Develop and review people and performance management systems, policies and processes for the use of all levels of management and staff.
- Negotiate the development of Certified Agreements between Hepburn Shire Council, employees and unions.
- Development of strategic people and performance initiatives aligned to the Council Plan.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or other relevant discipline.
- Substantial generalist HR experience including industrial and employee relations within a Local Government environment, or similar organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in the strategic management of organisational change initiatives that deliver improved organisational performance.
- Proven leadership capabilities and team development skills with experience in leading, motivating and developing staff to positively influence and develop an organisational culture of excellence.
- Outstanding communication skills with the capability to consult, negotiate and resolve conflict.
- Well developed analytical skills, with ability to understand and manage complex initiatives and sensitive issues.
- Experience in HR policy and procedure development, planning and implementation.
- Capable of working hands-on operationally in delivering outcomes.
- Ability to positively contribute to the strong and cohesive operation of the Executive Team and Leadership Team.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Grant Schuster, General Manager Corporate Services on 5321 6450 or 0418 627 731.
Closing date: Sunday 17 April 2016