Manager Strategic Project Delivery
Permanent Full Time
Senior Executive Officer package (including vehicle & super)
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Manager of Strategic Project Delivery to ensure the corporate & infrastructure objectives are achieved in regard to design, planning and delivery of capital works and the effective planning and implementation of maintenance programs for road infrastructure and public gardens & open space.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- To ensure the requirements and objectives of the Maintenance Unit are met by displaying effective management and co-ordination of staff and resources.
- To be responsible for issues such as contract management, customer service, people management and employee relations.
- Plan and monitor a program of capital projects.
- Responsible for the management of Council’s day labour staff and/or contractors to carry out the maintenance tasks road related infrastructure and parks and gardens and public open space areas.
- Monitor and report on project performance, capital works progress and operational budgets under area of responsibility.
- Managing project formulation including project briefs, scope, design, specification, estimates, stakeholder consultation, procurement and commencement.
- Assist in the development of annual works programs for infrastructure renewal and special projects.
- Represent Council in government, business and community forums and meetings.
- Fulfil the role of Deputy Municipal Emergency Resource Officer (MERO) including acting as MERO on a roster basis.
To be successful you will possess:
- A relevant qualification in engineering or extensive experience in a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of construction/maintenance procedures in all areas of position responsibility.
- Extensive knowledge of operational capabilities of plant and equipment used in municipal operations.
- Demonstrated staff supervisory and team building experience and competence, along with relevant training and qualifications.
- Excellent verbal communications skills and the capacity to deal with staff and the public effectively.
- Excellent and practical OHS knowledge.
- Sound decision making and judgement in the selection of work activities and directions given to staff.
- Ability to lead with “change management” principles.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Bruce Lucas, Manager Infrastructure on 0417 557 480.
Closing date: Sunday 18 October 2015