Manager Governance & Risk
• Full time, exciting leadership opportunity
• Salary package circa $130,000.00 per annum, including 9.5% superannuation and vehicle
• Based in Daylesford
We are a small rural council delivering services to the community. With over 180 employees we promote a supportive, professional and motivating work environment, encouraging staff to deliver positive outcomes for the organisation and community. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
About the role
Lead the Governance & Information Team to ensure high standards of corporate governance, compliance & risk in relation to the business functions of Council. Ensuring effective delivery of Council meetings, agendas and reports. Also responsible for procurement and information management.
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Managing Council’s risk exposure through the implementation of an effective Risk Management Framework and by building “a risk aware culture” within Council;
• Ensure the highest standards of democratic and corporate governance and compliance are achieved and maintained.
• Develop, manage and continually improve Council’s overall governance frameworks to ensure that a culture of good governance is embedded in all Council’s functions.
• Monitor and manage the Records Management Strategy and Policy, including the Digitisation Plan.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
• A tertiary qualification in law, paralegal or business management (or significant experience in such areas) preferably in a local or State government setting.
• Demonstrated staff supervisory and team building experience and competence, along with relevant training and qualifications.
• Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
Please submit your application via SEEK including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held on SEEK.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities/
For a confidential discussion please contact Bradley Thomas, Director Community & Corporate Services on 03 5321 6450
Applications close: Sunday 19 January 2020
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.