Municipal Building Surveyor
- Municipal Building Surveyor
- Full-Time Fixed Term – 3 years
- $100,349.08 per annum pro rata + 9.5% Superannuation
This is a unique opportunity for a Municipal Building Surveyor to work in a role across the Hepburn, Central Goldfields and Mount Alexander Shire Councils. The position will be primarily based in Hepburn Shire Council (0.4 FTE) and MBS services provided to Central Goldfields Shire Council (0.4 FTE) and Mount Alexander Shire Council (0.2 FTE).
Across all three councils you will carry out the role of the Municipal Building Surveyor in accordance with the provisions of the Building Act 1993. Additionally, you will provide leadership and assist with managing the resources of the Building Service unit at Hepburn Shire Council.
You will provide support to the relevant Coordinator or Manager in each respective Council to deliver efficient and effective service, administering and enforcing all statutory and policy responsibilities relevant to the role.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Building Surveying
- Current registration as a building practitioner with the Victorian Building Authority in the category of Building Surveyor Unlimited (BS-U)
- A detailed understanding of relevant legislation and standards including experience in interpreting legislation and regulations relating to planning and building
- Relevant experience in residential and commercial assessment of building permit applications
- Well-development written skills with the ability to prepare comprehensive and well researched reports
- Excellent customer service ethic, and the ability to develop strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate achievement of objectives
- A current Victorian Driver’s Licence
If you have any queries or would like to discuss the role, the key contact is Bronwyn Southee, Manager Development & Community Safety 03 5321 6441
All applications are to address the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Position Description to be considered.
Applications close Sunday 19 April 2020.
Please submit your application via SEEK and include the following:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities/
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.