Network and Systems Administrator
• Full Time with monthly RDO
• Band 6 – Commencing salary $75,961 p.a. + super
• Located in Daylesford
Hepburn Shire Council has an opportunity for an experienced Network and Systems Administrator to join an effective ICT Team. This position will administer the operations and development of Council’s LAN/WAN, server environment & ICT infrastructure, including the corporate applications and support activities to ensure security, maintenance and development aligned to the ICT Strategy.
You must be able to troubleshoot and resolve issues to facilitate the smooth running of Council’s business as usual activities, this will include the VMWare ESXi & VMWare Horizon VDI environments, implement and maintain Microsoft Office 365 and the Exchange Server. Be responsible for the management and security of Council’s Internet Gateways (VPN, Firewalls, IPSEC) from perimeter through to desktop and the administration of Council’s telecommunications including VoIP.
To be successful you will possess:
• Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent industry experience within a contemporary, reliable and high performing network.
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work effectively with people at all levels, both internal and external to Council to provide high quality customer service.
• Demonstrated successful outcomes in the delivery of ICT projects.
• Proven problem-solving skills to identify and address the root cause of Level 3 issues.
• Demonstrated skills in migration of systems including email from on-premise to cloud based environments.
• Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities
For a confidential discussion call Chris Whyte, Manager Information Communication Technology
on 03 5321 6476.
Applications close Sunday 29 September 2019.
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.
Please submit your application via SEEK including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held on SEEK.