Audit and Risk Advisory Committee
The Audit Committee is an independent advisory committee of the Council established under the Section 139 of the Local Government Act 1989.
The Audit Committee Terms of Reference is reviewed on a regular basis and endorsed by Council. The Audit and Risk Advisory Committee Charter (attached) sets out the Committee’s objectives, authority, composition, responsibilities and reporting. The Committee does not have executive powers or authority to implement actions in areas over which Council management has responsibility. The Committee does not have any management functions and is therefore independent of management, and provides recommendations to Council.
As part of Council’s governance obligations to its community, the Committee oversees responsibilities in relation to the following:
- Risk management
- Financial statements
- Internal controls and compliance
- External audit
- Internal audit
Membership of the Committee comprises six members – two Councillors and four external independent persons. Members are:
- Mr Trevor Shard – Chairperson (Independent)
- Ms Rachelle Tippett (Independent)
- Ms Carol Pagnon (Independent)
- Mr Robert Taylor (Independent)
- Mayor Licia Kokocinski
- Councillor John Cottrell
For any questions in relation to the Committee please contact Council’s Manager Governance and Risk.
The below links include the public minutes of the Audit and Risk Advisory Committee of the current, and previous financial year:
- Draft Public Minutes – Audit a_ee 24 February 2020 (Separate)
- Public Minutes – Audit and Ris_ – 25 November 2019 (Separate)
- Public Minutes – Audit and Ris_tee Meeting – 9 September 2019
- Public Minutes – Audit and Ris_(ARAC) – 25-05-2020 (separate)
- Public Minutes – Audit and Ris_ Committee (ARAC) – 11-05-2020