The Audit and Risk Committee is a Committee of Council under Section 53 of the Local Government Act 2020 and is not a delegated committee of Council (in that it does not have any decision-making powers of Council).
The Audit and Risk Committee assists council with oversight in the areas of risk, governance, financial management, and compliance.
The Audit and Risk Committee are governed by the Hepburn Shire Council Audit and Risk Committee Charter and work to a adopted workplan.
The Audit and Risk Committee Charter sets out the Committee’s objectives, authority, composition, responsibilities and reporting.
The Committee does not have executive powers or authority to implement actions in areas over which Council management has responsibility. The Committee does not have any management functions and is therefore independent of management, and provides recommendations to Council.
As part of Council’s governance obligations to its community, the Committee oversees responsibilities in relation to the following:
- Risk management
- Financial statements
- Internal controls and compliance
- External audit
- Internal audit
Membership of the Committee comprises six members – two Councillors and four external independent persons. Members are:
- Mr Trevor Shard – Chairperson (Independent)
- Ms Rachelle Tippett (Independent)
- Ms Carol Pagnon (Independent)
- Mr Robert Taylor (Independent)
- Cr Lesley Hewitt – Mayor (Councillor representative)
- Cr Brian Hood – Deputy Mayor (Councillor representative)
The Committee meets quarterly, with the following dates set for 2021. Audit and Risk Committee meetings are not open to the public:
- Monday 22 February 2021, 1:00pm
- Monday 24 May 2021, 1:00pm
- Monday 6 September 2021, 1:00pm
- Monday 22 November 2021, 1:00pm
For any questions in relation to the Committee please contact Council’s Manager Governance and Risk, Krysten Forte, 5321 6413 or firstname.lastname@example.org.