Parks and Open Space Coordinator
Permanent Full Time with monthly RDO
Band 7 ($79,790 – $89,288) + super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity within the Strategic Project Delivery Team to appoint a Parks and Open Space Coordinator based in Daylesford. This is a new position within our structure and we are seeking an individual who has extensive experience in the scheduling and coordination of maintenance and improvement programs within the area of parks and open space, including planning, estimating, budgeting and monitoring.
Key responsibilities and duties:
The position objectives are to:
- Ensure a high standard of presentation, effective risk management and community satisfaction is achieved with Council’s open spaces and ancillary assets.
- Ensures there is a planned and coordinated approach to maintenance and improvement works in parks, open space and recreation facilities in accordance with Council specifications, OH&S legislation and Council purchasing policy requirements.
- Manage trees throughout the shire to minimise risks and to protect and enhance the significant contribution they make to the Hepburn Shire Council.
- Lead by example and make a positive contribution to the natural environment.
- To be responsible for issues such as budget monitoring, contract management, customer service, people management and employee relations for the Parks and Open Space Unit.
- To ensure the requirements and objectives of the Parks and Open Space Unit are met by displaying effective co-ordination of staff and resources.
To be successful you will possess:
- Degree or Diploma in Horticulture or Environmental Management with several years’ relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with extensive relevant work skills and experience.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated project management skills within a Parks and Open Space works environment including financial management, planning and delivery through to evaluation and monitoring.
- Well developed analytical skills, to handle complex and sensitive issues.
- Proven problem solving abilities, strategic thinking and sound judgement.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategy and policy with evidence of a focus on achieving results
- Previous experience in leading and managing a team and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to engage communities and gain co-operation from others in a variety of situations and levels within the workplace and community.
- Current valid driver’s licence
- Excellent and practical knowledge of OHS requirements including the ability to proactively manage risk and OH&S requirements within area or responsibility.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburnshire.com.au.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion call Darren Dumesny, Manager Strategic Project Delivery on 0417 144 403.
Closing date: Sunday 12 July 2015