Payroll & Finance Officer
Exciting opportunity to establish yourself in this stand-alone Payroll role within a highly supportive, collaborative and experienced Finance team.
About the role
- Be responsible for the complete end to end payroll function for Council including but not limited to timesheet processing, maintenance and compilation of master data and completion of payroll procedures including payroll reporting and audit checks.
- Adopt a proactive approach to advise and liaise with managers, employees and internal teams on payroll and financial matters in a timely and accurate manner.
- Play an integral role in Council’s commitment to enhancing the payroll services across the organisation this year with our enterprise system upgrade to Ci Anywhere (CiA).
- Broad scope to be assist with the day to day finance functions including accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable and rates.
What we’re looking for
- A committed payroll professional who will bring their contemporary payroll practices and experience, including an understanding of payroll and financial relevant policies, procedures, industrial agreements and legislation.
- Strong time management and organisation skills with the ability to effectively multi-task and prioritise to meet required timeframes.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a small, cohesive team in a professional and positive manner, with a ‘can-do’ attitude.
- A self-starter who can be adaptable, is willing to take their initiative and communicates well with a range of individuals.
- Tech savvy with proficiency in MS Office 365. Experience using Councils enterprise systems for records and data management such as Content Manager, Tech One, CiA would be advantageous.
- Efficiency and accuracy in all aspects of the role maintaining high levels of confidentiality and attention to detail.
For more information, please download a copy of the position description.
How to apply
Click Apply Now! and submit your application through SEEK including a cover letter, resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the position description. Please include in your application a copy of your qualifications and certificates (if relevant).
If you have further questions please contact People and Culture on (03) 5348 2306 or at email@example.com
Applications close 5pm Tuesday 9 March 2021.
5pm Tuesday 9 March 2021
Full time (Permanent)
Band 5 commencing salary $62,834.20 per annum, plus 9.5% Super