People & Culture Officer
• Permanent Full Time with monthly RDO
• Commencing salary $75,961.08 + 9.5% superannuation
• Fast paced and busy role within a supportive and inclusive team environment
About the role
The successful applicant will be joining a small but effective People & Culture Team at Hepburn Shire Council based in Daylesford. This position is responsible for providing advice to management on employment law matters including Enterprise Agreement interpretation, Human Resource Policies and Procedures. It is a challenging role as you will also manage Workers Compensation, Return to Work and the Annual Performance Appraisal process. Reporting to the Manager People & Culture the role offers scope for you to apply your initiative and enthusiasm.
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Provide best practice employment advice and services to managers and staff including advice on employment legislation, Awards, Enterprise Agreement interpretation, policies and procedures.
• Facilitate People & Culture processes providing support for the annual performance appraisal system, on line learning and development, recruitment and employee relations.
• Maintain People & Culture metrics, including staff turnover numbers, salary surveys and preparation of salary data for payroll.
• Coordinate the provision of proactive wellness programs and injury prevention support services to managers and staff across the organisation.
• Develop and provide efficient and responsive return to work coordination programs for injured workers.
• Manage and maintain efficient workers’ compensation claims to support Council’s Self-Insurance Scheme.
• Influence and promote a positive organisational culture through your proactive approach to work.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
• Degree in Human Resource Management or a related business area. Ideally you will also have an injury management/RTW qualification OR a willingness to undertake a short course.
• Understanding of and ability to interpret and apply employment legislation including relevant Award and industrial agreements in the Local Government context.
• Demonstrated experience as a People & Culture Generalist which includes experience in recruitment, learning and development, maintaining accurate personnel information, staff recognition and employee feedback.
• High levels of written and interpersonal skills, with the ability to negotiate, provide support, advice and guidance to managers and employees, and prepare correspondence and routine reports.
• Proficient in MS Office in particular use of Excel, relevant Financial systems and the use of information management systems.
• Ability to assess and co-ordinate the delivery of corporate training and development programs.
• Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
Please submit your application via SEEK including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held on SEEK.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities/
For a confidential discussion please call Vivienne Green, Manager People & Culture on 03 5321 6409.
Applications close: Wednesday 6 November 2019
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.