People & Wellbeing Officer
Fixed Term 12 month maternity leave role
Full Time with monthly RDO
Band 6 ($71,0540 – $77,454) + super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity within the Human Resources and Organisational Development Team to appoint a People and Wellbeing Officer on a fixed term 12 month contract based in Daylesford. We are seeking an individual who has experience coordinating and delivering a range of Human Resources activities including recruitment and selection, induction, training and development, employee relations and human resource projects. The successful applicant will also possess a general understanding of the Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Act 2013 (VIC) including return to work best practices and knowledge of workers compensation insurance procedures.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Provide best practice human resources (HR) advice and services to managers and staff in order to support the organisation to achieve its corporate objectives.
- To coordinate HR processes including but not limited to, recruitment and induction, annual performance appraisals, training and development, termination, maintaining accurate personnel information, staff recognition and employee feedback.
- Promote the vision of safety, health, productivity and wellbeing of workers as the key priorities for the Hepburn Shire Council.
- Coordinate the provision of proactive wellness programs and injury prevention support services to managers and staff across the organisation.
- Develop and provide efficient and responsive return to work coordination programs for injured workers.
- To maintain efficient workers’ compensation claims management to ensure that the actual and potential costs to Hepburn Shire Council are minimised.
To be successful you will possess:
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or lesser formal qualifications with relevant experience in Human Resource Management.
- A minimum 2-day certificate course in injury management coordination certificate of claims administration is highly desirable; OR a willingness to undertake.
- Understanding of and ability to interpret and apply relevant workers’ compensation and HR legislation and policies including relevant Award and industrial agreements.
- Experience in the coordination of HR processes including but not limited to, recruitment and induction, annual performance appraisals, training and development, termination, maintaining accurate personnel information, staff recognition and employee feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, plan and set priorities, and organize own work to achieve individual and department objectives within agreed timeframes.
- Proven ability to develop good working relationships, gain co-operation and assistance from others, and resolve minor issues.
- High levels of written and interpersonal skills, with the ability to negotiate, provide support, advice and guidance to managers and employees, and prepare correspondence and routine reports.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office software package, Visio, internet and intranet, HR information systems and familiarity with financial systems.
- Ability to assess and co-ordinate the delivery of corporate training and development programs.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburnshire.com.au.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion call Kerrie Addison, Manager Human Resources and Organisational Development, on 0419 586 271.
Closing date: Sunday 28 June 2015