Neighbourhood Safety Places
– Places of Last Resort
Hepburn Shire Council and the CFA have designated the following places of last resort – Neighbourhood Safer Place (NSP) within the Shire.
A Neighbourhood Safer Place is not a community fire refuge or emergency relief centre. NSPs are places of last resort during the passage of bushfire, and are intended to be used by persons whose primary bushfire plans have failed. NSPs are places of relative safety only and they do not guarantee the survival of those who assemble there. Furthermore, there may be serious risks to safety encountered in travelling and seeking access to NSPs during bushfire events. Depending on the direction of a particular fire, it may not be a safer place to assemble than other places within the municipal district.
- Hepburn - Hepburn Recreation Reserve (Laurie Sullivan Reserve) Netball Pavilion – corner Hepburn-Newstead Road (Main Road) and Twentieth Street. Entry from Twentieth Street.
- Glenlyon – Eldon Street (between Molesworth Street and house number 19)
- Daylesford Central Business District (pavement areas) – Bounded by Bridport, Albert & Camp Streets and Central Springs Road Daylesford
- Trentham – Camp Street (between Cosmo Road and Bowen Street) Trentham
- Creswick – Visitor Information Centre Car Park (behind the building), Cnr Victoria Street and Albert Street Creswick
- Clunes – Central Business District – Fraser Street (between Templeton and Service Streets) Clunes