Submitting an Application for Planning Permit
- Statutory Planning Overview
- Do I Need A Permit?
- Applying for a Permit
- VicSmart Applications
- Planning Permit Process
- Pre-application meeting
- Submit a planning permit application
- Request for further information
- Advertising and community consultation
- Object to a planning permit application
- Decision on a planning permit application
- Appeal to VCAT
- Amend a planning permit
- Extend the time on a planning permit
Preparing your application
You should provide all of the required information when you submit your planning application. See the various checklists below to assist in what you need to submit with your application.
What to include with your planning permit application
For most planning applications you need to include as a minimum the information identified within the headings below.
Some applications may require additional information that will be identified by a Council planning officer via a formal request for additional information.
Read our How to complete an application for a planning permit form for more information.
You need to provide a copy of plans for your proposed development with your application.
The plans must have dimensions, be drawn to scale and show the details of all buildings or other structures proposed in addition to any existing structures on the site, the location of any nearby vegetation, access points and other information as relevant.
You need to provide a current copy of the Certificate of Title for your property (less than 3 months old).
You can get a current copy of the Certificate of Title for your property by searching the title register on the LANDATA website.
The Certificate of Title should include full information of any covenants or restrictions on the title and a plan or diagram showing the lot layout and dimensions.
This is often referred to as a Register Search Statement.
Types of planning applications
There are two streams of planning permit applications:
- Those assessed under the standard planning process:
- Those assessed under the VicSmart planning provisions:
It is important that you understand which type of application you need to apply for as the application form and information that is required to be submitted with your application will be different.
It is recommended that you consult with Council’s Planning Department early in the process of preparing an application to ensure you are aware of all submission requirements. Council cannot process an application until all relevant information has been submitted.
Please refer to the below checklists that have been prepared to help with the preparation of an application for planning permit. These checklists have been prepared to ensure you have all relevant documents for the type of application you are applying for when submitting an application. A schedule of fees is also included below.
Submitting your application
You can submit your application via any of the following methods:
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visiting one of our customer service centres at the Duke St Daylesford, Creswick Hub or The Warehouse – Clunes (credit card, cheque, money order or cash payments)
- Post the completed form, copies of attachments and cheque/money order payment to Hepburn Shire Council, PO Box 21, Daylesford VIC 3460.
Forms and checklists
A number of forms and checklists are available on Council’s web site on the “Forms, Fees and Checklists” page.