- Statutory Planning Overview
- Do I Need A Permit?
- Applying for a Permit
- VicSmart Applications
- Planning Permit Process
- Applications on Advertising
- Register of Planning Permit Applications
- Forms, Fees and Checklists
- Useful Links
- Building in a Bushfire Management Overlay
- LCAs and Building in a Catchment Area
- Removing Native Vegetation
VicSmart – Fast track your permit in 10 Business days
Simple, straightforward and low impact planning applications may be eligible for VicSmart processing.
Key features of VicSmart include:
- Permit processing in 10 business days
- Applications are not advertised
- The information required to be submitted is pre-set by the State Government (Council has the discretion to waive required information as appropriate.)
Do I qualify for VicSmart?
To be classed as a VicSmart application a proposal must:
- be one of the state application types
- meet all the criteria
- and be located in the specified zone or overlay.
If your proposal does not fall within the VicSmart provisions, the application will be required to proceed through the normal planning application process.
Where a proposal falls into more than one class of VicSmart application the requirements of each class needs to be met to enable an application to proceed through the VicSmart Process.
How do I apply for a VicSmart Application?:
Applying for a VicSmart Application is very similar to applying for a normal planning application.
- Complete an application form
- Pay the relevant Fee.
- Submit all of the required information identified within the relevant checklist below.
Check you’ve collected and completed all the information that needs to be submitted with your application.
Lodge your completed application form, all required information and the fee at one of Councils Service Centres or electronically by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure you include your current mailing address, email address and telephone number.
After you lodge the application, the planning officer will check it and advise you (in writing) if further information is required. If they do, you should provide the information promptly otherwise the application won’t be processed further
VicSmart Application Checklists:
Here you can create the content that will be used within the module.