Planning Services Liaison Officer
Full Time with monthly RDO
Band 5 ($58,008 – $67,643 p.a.) + super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity within the Planning Services Team to appoint a Planning Services Liaison Officer based in Daylesford. We are seeking an individual who has a strong understanding of the Planning Scheme, relevant acts and legislation along with high level administration, interpersonal and customer service skills.
Key responsibilities and duties:
Provide a high level of customer service on statutory planning, building and environmental health matters to the Council, its departments and the public by:
- Responding to counter and phone enquiries, researching issues, responding to customers in a timely and accurate manner;
- Arranging and coordinating planning pre-application meetings between customers, statutory/strategic planners and other staff officers as required;
- Arranging and coordinating building pre-application meetings between customers, relevant building staff and other staff officers as required;
- Arranging and coordinating environmental health pre-application meetings between customers, relevant environmental health staff and other staff officers as required;
- Providing quality administrative support, in a co-operative manner, to internal and external customers;
- Ensuring that all the resources within his/her control are utilised as efficiently and effectively as possible in the conduct of the position.
- Backfilling the customer service function and providing high level customer service assistance as required.
To be successful you will possess:
- Degree or Diploma in Planning or lesser formal qualifications with relevant work skills and experience.
- Knowledge of Building and/or Environmental Health or other related discipline desirable.
- Ability to investigate and prepare reports and recommendations on varied planning, building and environmental health issues as part of development assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to be an integral part of a team striving to produce the most efficient service practicable to customers.
- Demonstrated ability in word processing and the use of computer systems, including website maintenance.
- Well developed analytical skills, to handle complex and sensitive issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with verbal and written communication skills of a high order, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Proven problem solving abilities, strategic thinking and sound judgment.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburnshire.com.au.Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to email@example.com
For a confidential discussion call Justin Fiddes, Manager Planning on 03 5321 6458.
Closing date: Sunday 12 April 2015