Council is seeking a Plant Operator/Labourer to join the Works Team to join a cohesive operational team that delivers high-quality maintenance and construction work in a safe and efficient manner.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged person to join our busy team. We are a valued, diverse and collaborative group that is keen to maintain engagement with our community across the Hepburn Shire. You need to take pride in your work and be able to work to deadlines and defined outcomes.
- Located at Daylesford & Creswick depots working across various locations within the Shire.
- Full time role (76 hours per fortnight) with fortnightly RDO.
- Band 3 commencing hourly rate $27.63 (inclusive of industry allowance) plus 9.5% superannuation.
- Maintenance allowance of $34.19 per week is paid in addition to hourly rate above.
To be successful you will have the following skills & experience:
- Experience driving and operating a diverse range of medium to heavy plant, machinery and equipment relevant to civil construction.
- Hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence – Medium Rigid; Certificate 3 in Civil Construction; OH&S White Card and Chainsaw Operation Competency (Trim and Cross Cut Level 1).
- Knowledge of and/or competency in Traffic Management.
- Demonstrated ability to operate without supervision and to program timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with other members of the team and the public.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
Please submit your application via SEEK including:
- Cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above and
A position description and further information can be obtained here.
For a confidential discussion please call Paul Healy, Works Coordinator on 0437 482 306.
If you are experiencing difficulty submitting your application via SEEK, please forward through an application to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Applications close Sunday 21 July 2019.