Full Time with fortnightly RDO
Commencing salary $1,054.55 per week (inclusive of Industry & Maintenance Allowances) + 9.5% superannuation
Location: Daylesford and Creswick depots & various other locations within Hepburn Shire Council
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. The area is known for its tourism, restaurants spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council is seeking a Plant Operator/Labourer to join the Works Team to work within a cohesive operational team that delivers high-quality maintenance and construction work in a safe and efficient manner.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged person to join our busy team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative group that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. You need to take pride in your work and be able to work to deadlines and defined outcomes.
To be successful you will possess:
- Experience driving and operating a diverse range of medium to heavy plant, machinery and equipment relevant to civil construction.
- Hold a current Victorian Drivers Licence – Medium Rigid; Certificate 3 in Civil Construction; OH&S White Card and Chainsaw Operation Competency (Trim and Cross Cut Level 1).
- Knowledge of and/or competency in Traffic Management at required level.
- Demonstrated ability to operate without supervision and to program timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work and communicate effectively with other members of the team and the general public.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
The commencing salary for this position is $1,021.12 per week (including Industry Allowance as set out in the Hepburn Shire Council Enterprise Agreement (No.8) 2017). Superannuation of 9.5% plus a Maintenance Allowance of $33.42 per week will be paid in addition to the base salary. This position is a full time role working 76 hours per fortnight over 9 days as this role includes a set fortnightly rostered day off.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a group interview on Thursday 26 October 2017.
Please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion please call Paul Healy, Works Coordinator on 0437 482 306.
Closing date: Sunday 15 October 2017