Band 3 plus casual loading $33.06/hour
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Opportunities exist for committed and enthusiastic individuals to join Council’s Road Maintenance teams in both Daylesford and Creswick as Casual Plant Operator/Labourers.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- To enhance the physical environs for residents and clients of Hepburn Shire via the administration of Acts and Regulations pertaining to public health.
- To liaise with the Team Leader and/or Maintenance Coordinator in regard to maintenance and construction work.
- To drive/operate Council plant under their control, and carry out operations as directed in a safe and effective manner using safety equipment provided.
- To drive/operate Council plant and equipment when directed by the Team Leader and/or Maintenance Coordinator within the limits of expertise and driving licence endorsement.
- To carry out labouring and other duties as and when directed by the Team leader and/or Maintenance Coordinator.
- Inform the Team Leader and/or Maintenance Coordinator of matters requiring attention outside the scope of this position.
- To deal politely and courteously with all contacts.
- Fill out and hand in Daily Plant Inspection-Fault books.
To be successful you will possess:
- Sound experience infrastructure maintenance and works programs – qualifications not essential but desirable.
- Sound experience in the operation of heavy rigid and dog trailers /grader operation /back hoe /rollers /tractors
- Demonstrated ability to work as member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to operate without supervision and to program timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with other members of the team and the general public.
- Relevant knowledge and practice of OHS procedures and Traffic Management.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion call Paul Healy, Maintenance Services Coordinator on 0437 482 306.
Closing date: Sunday 15 March 2015