- Permanent full-time with monthly RDO
- Commencing salary $76,834. p.a. + 9.5% superannuation
- Stamp your mark!
We are a small rural council delivering services to the community. With over 180 employees we promote a supportive, professional and motivating work environment, encouraging staff to deliver positive outcomes for the organisation and community. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for a Procurement Specialist to join our Council. Reporting to the Manager Governance & Risk you will lead, coordinate and administer the Procurement function on behalf of Council.
This is a new role for Council, you will have the opportunity to stamp your experience and knowledge on this role, to develop, implement and monitor processes and systems which will ensure that the procurement of goods and services is effective for Council, and meets Council’s objectives.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- To coordinate and administer Procurement Services on behalf of Council.
- To develop, implement and monitor processes and systems which will ensure that the procurement of goods and services works for Council, and meets Council’s objectives.
- To ensure that Council’s tendering and contract administration is undertaken in accordance with legislation.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
- Tertiary qualification and some relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with substantial experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of tendering principles and practices including probity and tender evaluation methodology. Experience in tendering activities in a Local Government setting will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience and competence in writing contract specifications including key performance indicators.
- Demonstrated experience and competence with Microsoft programs and other computerised systems. Experience with electronic procurement systems would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Victorian Driver’s License
How to apply
Please submit your application via SEEK and include the following:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities/
For a confidential discussion please contact Bradley Thomas, Director Community & Corporate Services on 03 5321 6450.
Applications close: 23 February 2020.
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.