Full Time with monthly RDO
Commencing salary $83,371 p.a. + super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Project Manager to assist Council deliver a series of major projects and building renewal program.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged person to join our busy team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative group that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and are happy to initiate improved processes and change come and join our team.
The objectives of the position are to:
- To assist Council in delivering a series of major projects and the building renewal program.
- Progress project from concept through to project completion.
- Ensure allocated projects are completed on time, within budget and in accordance with specified standards.
- Control project budgets including monitoring income and expenditure in relation to assigned projects and to provide contract administration and project reporting.
- Engage with and manage stakeholder/community relationships and needs.
To be successful you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in project management or related field with several years relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with extensive experience in project/construction management.
- Demonstrated project management skills including financial management, planning and delivery through to evaluation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to develop tender documentation/specifications and oversee tender assessment processes.
- Proven experience in the supervision of contractors including delivery of services as per contract specifications and adherence to relevant OH&S legislation.
- Proven experience in the monitoring and reporting of expenditure on allocated projects and compliance with allocated budgets.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication and presentation skills including a demonstrated ability to facilitate written correspondence, negotiations and discussions as required with consultants, contractors, community, staff and Council.
- Well developed analytical skills, to handle complex and sensitive issues.
- Proven problem solving abilities, strategic thinking and sound judgement.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
Please submit your application through s SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to email@example.com.
For a confidential discussion call Bruce Lucas, Manager Infrastructure on 0417 557 480.
Closing date: Sunday 10 September 2017