• 2 Year Fixed Term Full Time role with monthly RDO
• Commencing salary from $93.000 p.a.+ 9.5% super
• Based in Daylesford
We are a small rural council delivering services to the community. With over 180 employees we promote a supportive, professional and motivating work environment, encouraging staff to deliver positive outcomes for the organisation and community. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
We’re looking for a driven, team player with delivery experience in major projects like community infrastructure construction and refurbishment. You will possess high level people skills to effectively engage, inform and consult with internal and external stakeholders, including community groups.
We’re looking for someone who has management and leadership ability and is able to problem solve and deliver projects within budget and time-frame.
About the Role
Opportunity to drive, design and complete an upgrade of public amenities throughout the Shire.
To be successful you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in project management or related field with several years relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with extensive experience in project development and management.
- Demonstrated project management skills including financial management, planning and delivery through to evaluation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to develop tender documentation/specifications and oversee tender assessment processes.
- Proven experience in the supervision of contractors including delivery of services as per contract specifications and adherence to relevant OH&S legislation.
- Well developed written and verbal communication and presentation skills including a demonstrated ability to facilitate written correspondence, negotiations and discussions as required with consultants, contractors, community, staff and Council.
- Well developed customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain collaborative stakeholder relationships.
- Proven problem-solving abilities, strategic thinking and sound judgement.
How to apply
Please submit your application via SEEK and include the following:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities/
For a confidential discussion please contact Ben Grounds, (Acting) Manager Major Projects on 0447 394 432
Applications close: 9 February 2020
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.