Full Time with monthly RDO
Commencing salary $82,423 p.a. + super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Project Manager/Engineer to assist in coordinating and delivering Council’s capital works program including replacement/renewals of roads, bridges and culverts.
We are looking for a fun and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and thrive on innovation come and join our team.
The objectives of the position are to:
- To assist the Manager Strategic Project Delivery to coordinate and deliver Council’s capital works program including replacement/renewals of roads, bridges and culverts.
- To co-ordinate and deliver infrastructure capital works in accordance with Council specifications, OH&S legislation, contract requirements and Council purchasing policy requirements.
- To supervise and provide team mentoring and technical support to other team members.
- To support project managers across the organisation with emphasis on roads & infrastructure.
- To monitor the project budgets for Council’s infrastructure capital works program.
- To be responsible for issues such as budget monitoring, contract management, customer service, people management and employee relations for the Project Delivery Unit.
- To ensure the requirements and objectives of the Project Delivery Unit are met by displaying effective co-ordination of staff and resources.
To be successful you will possess:
- Degree or Diploma in Engineering and / or demonstrated extensive relevant experience is desirable.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution and gain cooperation of others.
- Demonstrated project management skills within a capital works environment including financial management, planning and delivery through to evaluation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience in Contract Management.
- Well developed analytical skills for problem solving and to handle complex and sensitive issues.
- Have a can do attitude with focus on achieving results.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategy and policy with evidence of ability for strategic thinking and sound judgment.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to email@example.com.
For a confidential discussion call Bruce Lucas, Manager Infrastructure on 0417 557 480.
Closing date: Sunday 5 June 2016