• 2 Year Fixed Term Full Time role with monthly RDO
• Commencing salary from $82,802 p.a. + 9.5% super
• Based in Daylesford
We are seeking project managers with varied project delivery experience, preferably with managing the delivery of community infrastructure construction / refurbishment, public realm and streetscape capital works projects. You will possess high level people skills to effectively engage, inform and consult with internal and external stakeholders, including community groups.
The Shire of Hepburn is known as the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. The area prides itself on its unique local businesses, restaurants, spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in Central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work! Council offers a supportive, professional and motivating work environment and encourages its staff to deliver positive outcomes for the organisation and community.
About the Roles
Two (2) positions exist for experienced project managers to drive the delivery of a suite of community infrastructure and streetscape/landscape projects throughout the Shire. A diverse project delivery background is advantageous and the ability to communicate to a wide audience is essential.
Position 1: Project Manager – Landscape design/construction
Position 2: Project Manager – Civil infrastructure and building/structure renewal
To be successful you will possess:
• Tertiary qualification in project management or related field with several years relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with extensive experience in project/construction management.
• Demonstrated project management skills including financial management, planning and delivery through to evaluation and monitoring.
• Demonstrated ability to develop tender documentation/specifications and oversee tender assessment processes.
• Proven experience in the supervision of contractors including delivery of services as per contract specifications and adherence to relevant OH&S legislation.
• Well-developed written and verbal communication and presentation skills including a demonstrated ability to facilitate written correspondence, negotiations and discussions as required with consultants, contractors, community, staff and Council.
• Well-developed customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain collaborative stakeholder relationships.
• Driver’s License is essential.
How to apply
Please submit your application via SEEK including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held on SEEK.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities/
For a confidential discussion please contact Carl Telfar, Manager Major Projects on 0438 184 248.
Applications close: Sunday 17 November 2019
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.