12 month Fixed Term Contract – Full Time with monthly RDO
Band 6 (commencing salary from pro rata $74, 243 p.a.) + 9.5% super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Ballarat, Bendigo and Melbourne it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Project Officer to undertake the planning and delivery of Economic and Community Development team projects and initiatives to enable the achievement of a vibrant local economy and active and engaged communities.
We are looking for a motivated professional with excellent project management skills to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you are passionate about making positive changes for the local community, please come and join our team.
Qualifications And Experience
- Qualifications in project management, business or recreation related discipline would be well received.
- Extensive experience in planning and delivering projects utilising collaborative partnerships.
- Current Driver’s licence.
To be successful you will possess:
- Proven experience in project development, implementation and evaluation processes
- Understanding of the opportunities and issues faced by business and community group sectors with demonstrated stakeholder engagement skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and adherence to processes, including financial reporting systems and budgeting processes
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with extensive report writing experience
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate complex outcomes
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence and Fun.
Please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/new.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Amanda Western, Manager Community and Economic Development on 0439 312 593.
Closing date: Sunday 10 December 2017