Project Officer – Aquatics Facilities
- 9 month fixed term full time
- Band 6 commencing salary $76,961 p.a plus 9.5% superannuation
- Daylesford location
About the Role
This is a dynamic opportunity for an experienced aquatic professional from the sport and recreation sector to join Council on a 9-month fixed term full time role. This is a multifaceted role and will suit someone who can be hands-on in approach and able to switch their attention between operations and strategy as required.
This role will focus on three key areas:
1. Effective and safe operations of multiple aquatic facilities across Hepburn Shire.
Initially this role will be responsible for maintaining the various aquatic facilities and equipment Council operate in Creswick, Daylesford, Clunes and Trentham. This will include ensuring plant and equipment are checked, cleaned and prepared for community use in accordance with quality and safety regulations and the management of pool life-saving attendants.
2. Contractor management.
Engage with key stakeholders to procure and manage the maintenance services contractor required for aquatic facilities, including the upkeep of our aquatic plant and infrastructure to a high standard.
3. Research project into future operational models, including assessment of industry best practice.
Evaluate Council’s aquatic facilities and service models encompassing the operations, staffing, management and service delivery functions. Apply recreational and community development principles to develop a specialised service delivery model for implementation.
You will ideally have:
- Understanding of community development principles and recreational experience within aquatics coordinating the operations of outdoor pool facilities.
- Demonstrated project management experience with a focus on aquatic facilities and recommended best practice service models.
- Previous leadership experience providing guidance and support to a team of employees.
- Well-developed communication skills to provide quality customer service with the ability to gain co-operation and assistance from community groups and stakeholders.
- Ability to review and develop standard policies, procedures and documents.
- Current Working with Children’s Check.
- Current Pool Plant Operators certificate, Royal Life Saving Society Pool Lifeguard accreditation and Level 2 First Aid certificate are preferred.
If you would like to know more about this role or have any questions, please contact Rachel Palmer, Coordinator Community Partnerships on (03) 5321 6425 for a confidential discussion.
How to apply
Submit your application via SEEK including a:
- Cover Letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the Position Description.
A position description and further information can be obtained here.
Applications close Sunday 4 August 2019.
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.