Full Time Fixed Term 2 Year Contract with monthly RDO
Commencing salary $73,399 p.a. + super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Project Officer to assist Council deliver a series of major projects and building renewal program.
We are looking for a fun and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and thrive on innovation come and join our team.
The objectives of the position are to:
- Assist Council in delivering a series of major projects and building renewal program.
- Progress project concepts and established projects to completion.
- Ensure allocated projects are completed on time, within budget and in accordance with specified standards.
- Assist with managing project budgets including monitoring expenditure in relation to assigned projects and to provide contract administration and project reporting.
- Engage with stakeholders and maintain stakeholder relationships through the delivery of designated projects.
To be successful you will possess:
- Tertiary qualification in project management or related field with some relevant experience or lesser formal qualifications with significant experience in project/construction management from the planning phase, delivery phase through to evaluation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare tender documentation / specifications and participate in tender assessment processes.
- Proven experience in the supervision of contractors to ensure quality outcomes that are fit for purpose, meet industry standards and comply with contract specifications.
- Proven experience in the monitoring and reporting of expenditure on allocated projects and compliance with allocated budgets.
- Highly developed customer service skills with the ability to establish and maintain collaborative stakeholder relationships with written, verbal and presentation skills
- Well developed analytical skills, to handle problem solving and complex, sensitive issues.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through s SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Bruce Lucas, Manager Infrastructure on 0417 557 480.
Closing date: Sunday 29 May 2016