Project Officer – Sport & Active Recreation
- Permanent full-time with monthly RDO
- Commencing salary $76,834.68 p.a. + 9.5% superannuation
- Daylesford location
We are a small rural council delivering services to the community. With over 180 employees we promote a supportive, professional and motivating work environment, encouraging staff to deliver positive outcomes for the organisation and community. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
About the role:
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Officer to undertake the planning and delivery of Sport & Active Recreation projects throughout Hepburn Shire to enable the development of a healthy and connected community. We are looking for the successful candidate to increase opportunities for participation in sport and active recreation through effective planning and provision of high-quality infrastructure that meets existing and emerging community needs.
You will play a key role in the development and implementation of Council’s Recreation and Open Space Strategy, Master Plans, Active Women & Girls Strategy, Walking & Cycling Strategy, Sport & Active Recreation Pipeline and other relevant sport and active recreation strategies and plans.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Provide specialist advice and technical expertise on sport and active recreation projects through Project Control Groups (PCGs) and other relevant structures.
- Design, develop and deliver projects as required as both the Project Sponsor and Project Delegate.
- Provide highly skilled community engagement practices and methods throughout the delivery of all sport and active recreation projects.
- Contribute to the preparation of sport and active recreation funding applications and ongoing reporting obligations to the relevant funding bodies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders such as Council’s Major Project Team, Property Officer, Parks & Open Spaces Team, Committees of Management, Sporting Clubs and other Management Entities on assigned projects as required.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
- Qualification/s in project management or sport and active recreation related discipline would be highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, including proficiency in the use of project management software/systems.
- Understanding of the opportunities and issues faced by the sport and active recreation sectors with demonstrated stakeholder engagement skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and adherence to processes, including financial reporting systems and budgeting processes.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with extensive report writing experience.
- Experience in a similar role within a Local Government environment would be highly regarded.
How to apply
Please submit your application via SEEK and include the following:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to email@example.com. All applications will be held on SEEK.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities/
For a confidential discussion please contact Andrew Burgess, Manager Community & Economic Development on (03) 5321 6113.
Applications close: 23 February 2020
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.