Property and Assets Coordinator
Permanent Full Time with monthly RDO
Band 7 ($79,790 – $89,288) + super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity within the Strategic Asset Management Team to appoint a Property and Assets Coordinator based in Daylesford. We are seeking an individual who has extensive experience in asset management including the preparation and delivery of asset renewal programs. The successful applicant will also posses high level skills in contract management as well as in leading and managing a team.
Key responsibilities and duties:
This is a senior position within the Strategic Asset Management team and its key objectives are:
- To actively lead the property and asset management functions of Council, particularly focusing on:
- Long term asset renewal programs;
- Asset management plans; and
- Management of Council’s asset management databases.
- Be responsible for issues such as budget monitoring, contract management, customer service, people management and employee relations for the Property & Assets Unit.
To be successful you will possess:
- Appropriate tertiary qualification(s) in Engineering or similar with several years relevant experience and/or lesser formal qualification with extensive experience in asset management.A working knowledge of property law and associated transactions (sale/purchase/lease/licence), particularly in a local government setting, is desirable.
- Experience with the creation and development of asset management strategies, policies and plans for a wide range of asset classes.
- Experience with creation and development of asset inspection regimes (eg. condition/criticality assessments, economic evaluations, asset predictive performance for a wide range of asset classes) to inform development of long-term capital works and maintenance programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement long and short term capital works and maintenance programs and budgets.
- Ability to identify infrastructure funding gaps and develop effective programs to address and manage such gaps using risk-based principles.
- A current Victorian drivers’ licence (mandatory).
- Previous experience in leading and managing a team and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence and Fun.
To Apply: A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburnshire.com.au.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
For a confidential discussion call Steve Millard, Manager Strategic Asset Management, on 0407 608 451.
Closing date: Sunday 21 June 2015