Rates and Finance Officer
Permanent Part Time – 4 days per week
Band 4 (commencing salary pro rata $54,322 per annum + super)
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Rates and Finance Officer to provide a high level of rates administrative support to the public, Council and its departments.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Maintaining the property database on a daily basis.
- Maintaining rating and financial systems including accounts payable and receivables.
- Respond to customer rates and property enquiries and process transactions including Land Information Certificates, pension applications and ownership changes.
- Undertaking debt collection activities including payment arrangements monitoring and liaising with Council’s external collection agency.
- General administrative and research tasks.
- To ensure that all the resources within the scope of the role are utilized as efficiently and effectively as possible in the conduct of the position.
To be successful you will possess:
- Experience in a finance, administration or customer service related role.
- Demonstrated ability to be an integral part of a team striving to produce the most efficient service practicable to customers.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of corporate computer systems and Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of high quality customer service.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to email@example.com
For a confidential discussion call Kathie Attwood, Financial Accountant on 5321 6452.
Closing date: Sunday 8 November 2015