Recreation & Community Engagement Officer
Full Time with monthly RDO
Commencing salary $73,399 p.a. + super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Recreation & Community Engagement Officer to coordinate the provision of recreational facilities and community programs within Hepburn Shire.
We are looking for a fun and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and thrive on innovation come and join our team.
The objectives of the position are to:
- Coordinate the provision of recreational facilities and community programs within Hepburn Shire.
- Work with key stakeholders to facilitate the best use of community and recreation assets by delivering strategic actions and initiatives for the community and sports groups within the region.
- Develop and manage contracts and agreements with local clubs and organisations.
- Coordinate and manage pools and pool programs during summer months.
To be successful you will possess:
- Qualifications and experience relating to the provision of recreation services, community services and/or pools operations.
- Exceptional community engagement skills that will enable effective relationships to be developed with community groups and recreation providers.
- Ability to build working relationships with people, external organisations, and internal staff not under your direction to deliver desired outcomes.
- Proven record of project or program delivery, including demonstrated ability to consult key stakeholders, develop project plans, and manage a range of complex tasks across a number of projects concurrently.
- Sound knowledge and experience of budget controls and contract management
- Demonstrated experience in staff management and leadership
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Mark Travers, Manager Community and Economic Development on 03 5321 6113 or 0458 026 637.
Closing date: Sunday 5 June 2016