Recycling kerbside collection
Council provides a fortnightly kerbside collection (yellow lidded bins) service to the townships of Clunes, Creswick, Daylesford, Glenlyon, Hepburn Springs and Trentham and also some rural areas.
Give these items a second life and put them in the recycling bin:
- Clean empty rigid plastic bottles and containers. Food containers just need a quick rinse.
- Clean paper and cardboard.
- Clean steel and aluminium cans.
- Clean empty glass bottles and jars.
Find out more about what you can recycle by visiting Know Your Recycling.
Recycling at our transfer stations
At our three transfer stations we recycle as much as possible, meaning less waste to landfill and the money that is made from recovering recyclables and selling reusable items at the recycle shop goes back into employing more staff from the local area. You can donate any reusable household items or building materials to the tip shop for free.
Please remember to pack your trailer so that recyclables and waste are clearly separated. It helps if like materials are grouped together and attendants can easily see what you have. Please make sure you don’t bring your recycling in a plastic bag, as this is not recyclable.
These items are collected for recycling for free at Council’s Transfer Stations.
- Aluminium cans
- Newspapers and magazines
- Cardboard and mixed paper
- Steel cans including aerosols
- Batteries (car and all household types)
- Timber (good clean, reusable, non-toxic, at the discretion of the Transfer Station attendant)
- Fluoro lights
- Scrap metals (all types)
- Electrical devices
- Motor Oil
- Gas bottles
- Empty paint cans
- drumMUSTER plastic drums – empty and triple rinsed (Daylesford and Creswick)
- Car bodies
These items can also be recycled, however, a fee is charged due to the labour required to extract recyclable materials.
- Fridges and air conditioners
- Green waste
- Clear, green and brown glass bottles and jars (remove corks, lids and caps)