Council provides a recycling service through both its kerbside collection (yellow lidded bins) and by a drop off service at its three Transfer Stations.


Recycling Kerbside Collection

Council provides a fortnightly kerbside collection service to the townships of Clunes, Creswick, Daylesford, Glenlyon, Hepburn Springs and Trentham and has also extended this service to include select rural areas.

Hints: To learn more about what you can recycle in the yellow lidded kerbside bins click here

  • Flatten/crush plastic milk bottles, drink cartons and cans (but NOT aerosol cans) to save valuable space in collection vehicles
  • Remove corks, lids and caps off ALL bottles and jars.

Recycling at Our Transfer Stations

Did you know that Hepburn Shire’s transfer stations are now recycling more items than ever before and are being run as a social enterprise? This means less waste to landfill and the money that is made from recovering recyclables and selling re-usable items at the recycle shop goes back into employing more staff from the local area.

Please remember to pack your trailer so that recyclables and waste are clearly separated. It helps if like materials are grouped together and attendants can easily see what you have. Flatten/crush plastic milk bottles, drink cartons and cans (but NOT aerosol cans) to save valuable space in collection bins.

These items are collected for recycling for free at Council’s Transfer Stations in Daylesford, Creswick and Trentham.

  • Aluminium cans
  • Newspapers and magazines
  • Cardboard and mixed paper
  • Steel cans including aerosols
  • Batteries (car and all types)
  • Timber (good clean, reusable, non-toxic, at the discretion of the Transfer Station attendant)
  • Fluoro lights
  • Scrap metals (all types)
  • Electrical devices
  • Motor Oil
  • Gas bottles
  • Empty paint cans
  • Empty and triple rinsed plastic drums (only Daylesford)
  • Car bodies
  • Uncontaminated hard plastics.

These items can also be recycled, however, a fee is charged due to the labour required to extract recyclable materials. For Fees click here.

  • Mattresses
  • Fridges and air conditioners (need to check)
  • Green waste
  • Clear, green and brown glass bottles and jars (remove corks, lids and caps)
  • Milk & juice cartons
  • Plastics other than hard plastics.

Recycle Shop

You can donate any reusable household items or building materials to the tip shop for free. Profits are put back into employing more local people and off-setting operating costs of the Transfer Stations. The tip shops and transfer stations are operated by Hepburn Shire Council.

WP-Backgrounds by InoPlugs Web Design and Juwelier Schönmann