Relief School Crossing Supervisors
Band 1 inclusive of casual leave loading – $31.55 per hour (+ 9.5% super)
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Ballarat, Bendigo and Melbourne it is a great place to live and work.
We are seeking School Crossing Supervisors who would provide casual backfill at any of the school crossings across the Hepburn Shire.
Key Responsibility and Duties
- To provide casual backfill when required to attend at the school crossing between 8.00am and 9.00am and/or 3.00pm and 4.00pm to supervise children crossing.
- To be responsible for ensuring the safety of school children crossing the road.
- To be aware of traffic and child movements and ensure that the required procedures are observed
To be successful you will possess:
- Previous school crossing supervision preferred but not essential.
- Some experience in working with and dealing with children.
- School Crossing Supervisors Course desirable but not essential.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
Applicants must be willing to undergo a Department of Justice working with children check and police check.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/hepburn.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively can you submit your resume in person at the Daylesford Customer Service counter at the corner of Duke & Albert Streets, Daylesford or via the post PO Box 21, Daylesford, Vic, 3460.
For further information please call 5321 6431 to speak with David George, Coordinator Community Safety for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: Sunday 4 March 2018