Revolutionising Waste Management
Council’s waste initiatives have focused on both developing our partnership with the community to create social enterprises at our transfer stations and improving the operation of resource recovery facilities.
We are doing this by:
- Establishing social enterprises at our transfer stations.
- Increasing the quantity of waste diverted away from landfill through improved recycling opportunities.
- Extending kerbside waste collection services to properties outside the main township areas.
- Promoting composting opportunities and provision of subsidised worm farms to residents, reducing organics in the waste stream across the Shire.
- Investigating waste to energy opportunities.
- Auditing content of kerbside waste and recycling collections.
These initiatives will reduce waste to landfill, reduce emissions, create business and employment opportunities and reduce overall waste management costs to ratepayers.