Rural Access Project Officer
Fixed Term Contract to June 2018
Part Time – 20 hours per week
Salary $60,650 p.a. (pro rata) + super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. The area is known for its tourism, restaurants spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council is seeking a Rural Access Project Officer to join the Aged and Disability Service department on a fixed term contract through to 30 June 2018.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged person to join our busy team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative group that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. You need to take pride in your work and be able to work to deadlines and defined outcomes.
The position objectives are:
- To increase the opportunities available for people with a disability to participate in their communities.
- To build and strengthen the community’s capacity to provide support to people with a disability.
- To facilitate integrated local community planning and co-ordination which engages and involves people with a disability and their families, specialist service providers and community organisations.
- To review and facilitate the implementation of Council’s Disability Access & Inclusion Plan.
To be successful you will possess:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in Social Sciences, Health or related areas such as Disability, Community Development and/or extensive experience in a related Human Services field.
- Excellent knowledge of the disability services system and/or demonstrated experience in working with people with a disability.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Understanding of State and Local Government initiatives which impact on people with disabilities and their families.
- Ability to develop and work in partnership with key stakeholders in local communities.
- Experience developing strategic policy, plans and procedures.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence and Fun.
Please submit your application through SEEK here and attach:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to email@example.com.
For a confidential discussion please call Melanie Perks, Manager Aged and Disability Services on (03) 5321 6102.
Closing date: Sunday 27 August 2017