Safety Systems Facilitator
Permanent – Full Time with monthly RDO
Band 7 (commencing salary from $84,329 p.a.) + 9.5% super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Safety Systems Facilitator who will be responsible for the on-going development, implementation and associated administration of Our Council’s Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS), programs, policies, procedures and practices at a level that complies with the National self – insurer OHS management system audit tool (NAT).
We are looking for a fun and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and thrive on innovation come and join our team.
To be successful you will possess:
- A tertiary qualification in Occupational Health & Safety (or related discipline) and relevant experience working hands on in an Occupational Health & Safety environment; or substantial relevant experience working hands on in an Occupational Health and Safety environment;
- Well-developed communication skills and the ability to work constructively with management, team leaders and staff at all levels;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in providing specialist advice on OHS legislation, policies and procedures to a diverse range of services;
- Demonstrated knowledge in risk assessment, the development of Safe Work Method Statements and work plans;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and monitoring Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems and relevant Safety Management Plans; and
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held on SEEK.
For a confidential discussion call Vivienne Green , Manager People & Performance on (03) 5321 6409.
Closing date: Sunday 19 August 2018