School Crossing Supervisor – Daylesford
Permanent – Part Time 10 hours per week
Band 1 (commencing salary from $25.25 per hour) + 9.5% super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Ballarat, Bendigo and Melbourne it is a great place to live and work.
Council is seeking to appoint a School Crossing Supervisor who will be responsible for ensuring the safety of school children at the Vincent Street school crossing in Daylesford.
Key Responsibility and Duties
- To attend at the school crossing at Vincent Street, Daylesford between 8.00am and 9.00am and 3.00pm and 4.00pm daily to supervise children crossing (during the School Term).
- To be aware of traffic and child movements and ensure that the required procedures are observed.
To be successful you will possess:
- Previous school crossing supervision preferred but not essential.
- Some experience in working with and dealing with children.
- School Crossing Supervisors Course desirable but not essential.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
- Applicants must be willing to undergo a Department of Justice working with children check and police check.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively can you submit your resume in person at the Daylesford Customer Service counter at the corner of Duke & Albert Streets, Daylesford or via the post PO Box 21, Daylesford, Vic, 3460.
For further information please call 5321 6431 to speak with David George, Coordinator Community Safety for a confidential discussion.
Closing date: Sunday 5 August 2018