Senior Pool Lifeguard
Casual – Band 4 – $35.75 per hour (inclusive of 25% loading) + 9. 5% super
About the Role
Do you love working outdoors and have an interest in aquatic activities? Hepburn Shire Council has three aquatic centres, a splash pool and toddler pool at locations across the Shire and are seeking pool attendants who wish to join Council over the summer pool season.
The Senior Pool Lifeguard role is a key role within our aquatic facilities, providing supervision and direction to the team of Pool Lifeguards and Community Pool Assistants. Ensuring the safety and enjoyment of pool patrons.
This role will focus on the following key areas:
• Direct and supervise Pool Lifeguards and Community Pool Assistants in the performance of their various duties.
• Maintain the highest standard of public supervision and safety. Undertake water rescues and administer first aid/resuscitation when required.
• Responsible for the smooth day-to-day operation of the facility to meet industry standards, including regular pool water quality testing, ensuring daily maintenance and cleaning procedures carried out to the high standard of cleanliness and hygiene required for a Council facility.
• Manage daily pool opening and end of day closure.
You will ideally have:
• Demonstrated experience working as a senior lifeguard or similar capacity at an aquatic facility.
• Intermediate swimming skills with the ability to perform a water rescue if needed.
• Knowledge of the relevant aquatic industry codes and regulations including the RLSSA Guidelines for Safe Pool Operation and Lifeguard responsibilities.
• Knowledge and understanding of swimming pool chemistry, purification and filtration
• Well-developed communication skills to provide quality customer service with the ability to gain co-operation and assistance from community groups and stakeholders.
• Current Working with Children’s Check.
• Royal Life Saving Society Pool Lifeguard Certification (CPR qualification) and Level 2 First Aid certificate
If you would like to know more about this role or have any questions, please contact Derek Sedgman, Aquatics Officer on (03) 5321 6468 for a confidential discussion.
Please submit your application via SEEK here including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held on SEEK.