Senior Projects Coordinator
Permanent Full Time with monthly RDO
Band 7 ($79,790 – $89,288) + super
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity within the Strategic Project Delivery Team to appoint a Senior Projects Coordinator based in Daylesford. We are seeking an individual who has extensive experience in managing major infrastructure projects in the areas of civil engineering, bridge, roads and major culvert construction and maintenance. The successful applicant will also posses high level skills in preparing tenders as well as in leading and managing a team and monitoring external contractors.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- To assist the Manager Strategic Project Delivery to coordinate and deliver Council’s infrastructure capital works program including replacement/renewals of roads, bridges, culverts and buildings.
- To co-ordinate and deliver infrastructure capital works in accordance with Council specifications, OH&S legislation, contract requirements and Council purchasing policy requirements.
- To supervise and provide mentoring and technical support to the Project Delivery Unit.
- To advise and support project managers across the organisation with emphasis on infrastructure.
- To monitor the project budgets for Council’s infrastructure capital works program.
- To be responsible for issues such as budget monitoring, contract management, customer service, people management and employee relations for the Project Delivery Unit.
- To ensure the requirements and objectives of the Project Delivery Unit are met by displaying effective co-ordination of staff and resources.
To be successful you will possess:
- Degree in Engineering with several years of demonstrated relevant experience including in the areas of bridge construction and building projects.
- Demonstrated project management skills within a capital works environment including financial management, planning and delivery through to evaluation and monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience in contract management.
- Proven experience in the delivery of plans, estimates and specifications for tenders.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Proven problem solving abilities, strategic thinking and sound judgment including the ability to handle complex and sensitive issues.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategy and policy with evidence of a focus on achieving results
- Previous experience in leading and managing a team and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to engage communities and gain co-operation from others in a variety of situations and levels within the workplace and community.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburnshire.com.au.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to email@example.com
For a confidential discussion call Darren Dumesny, Manager Strategic Project Delivery, on 0417 144 403.
Closing date: Sunday 21 June 2015