Site Supervisor – Daylesford
Full Time Fixed Term Contract – (Anticipated 6 months or longer through to project completion)
Salary range $73,400 to $80,010 p.a. + super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. The area is known for its tourism, restaurants spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council is seeking a Site Supervisor to work alongside the Major Projects Manager to deliver a high quality commercial construction project in Daylesford. The Site Supervisor will be taking responsibility for:
- Supervising and managing sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure they meet quality, time and safety targets
- Programming of works and allocation of trades
- Management of all construction and safety documents
- Procurement of materials and scheduling of deliveries
- Day to day management of safety across the site.
- Reporting to the Project Manager on construction activity.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged person to join our busy team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative group that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. You need to take pride in your work and be able to work to deadlines and defined outcomes.
To be successful you will possess:
- Trade qualification (desirable)
- At least 3 years experience on commercial construction projects.
- Excellent structures and finishes experience.
- Strong management skills with the ability to manage subcontractors confidently
- Thorough technical knowledge of the building process and of the sequencing of a project.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent knowledge of OHS, Quality & Environmental principles.
- Sound understanding of specifications and drawings for accuracy & build ability.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion please call Adrian Matherson, Major Projects Manager on (03) 5321 6465.
Closing date: Sunday 18 June 2017