Sport & Active Recreation Project Officer
• 12 month contract (full-time) with monthly RDO
• Commencing salary $76,834.68 p.a. + 9.5% superannuation
• Daylesford location
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Officer to undertake the planning and delivery of Sport & Active Recreation projects throughout Hepburn Shire to enable the development of a healthy and connected community. We are looking for the successful candidate to increase opportunities for participation in sport and active recreation through effective planning and provision of high-quality infrastructure that meets existing and emerging community needs.
You will play a key role in the development and implementation of Council’s Recreation and Open Space Strategy, Master Plans, Active Women & Girls Strategy, Walking & Cycling Strategy, Sport & Active Recreation Pipeline and other relevant sport and active recreation strategies and plans.
Key responsibilities and duties:
• Provide specialist advice and technical expertise on sport and active recreation projects through Project Control Groups (PCGs) and other relevant structures.
• Design, develop and deliver projects as required as both the Project Sponsor and Project Delegate.
• Provide highly skilled community engagement practices and methods throughout the delivery of all sport and active recreation projects.
• Contribute to the preparation of sport and active recreation funding applications and ongoing reporting obligations to the relevant funding bodies.
• Collaborate with stakeholders such as Council’s Major Project Team, Property Officer, Parks & Open Spaces Team, Committees of Management, Sporting Clubs and other Management Entities on assigned projects as required.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
• Qualification/s in project management or sport and active recreation related discipline would be highly regarded.
• Demonstrated experience in project management, including proficiency in the use of project management software/systems.
• Understanding of the opportunities and issues faced by the sport and active recreation sectors with demonstrated stakeholder engagement skills.
• Demonstrated attention to detail and adherence to processes, including financial reporting systems and budgeting processes.
• Highly developed verbal and written communication skills with extensive report writing experience.
• Experience in a similar role within a Local Government environment would be highly regarded.
How to apply
Please submit your application including a cover letter, resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD, via SEEK.
For a confidential discussion please contact Andrew Burgess, Manager Community & Economic Development on (03) 5321 6113.
Applications close: 29 June 2020
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.