Sport & Active Recreation Officer
- Permanent full-time with monthly RDO
- Commencing salary $62,834.20 p.a. + 9.5% superannuation
- Daylesford location
We are a small rural council delivering services to the community. With over 180 employees we promote a supportive, professional and motivating work environment, encouraging staff to deliver positive outcomes for the organisation and community. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
About the role:
A new role within Council, the Sport & Active Recreation Officer is responsible for developing healthy, vibrant and connected communities through increasing opportunities for participation in sport and active recreation. You will develop relationships with existing sporting clubs and active recreation community groups to support their development. You will also be responsible for providing guidance, advice and support both internally and externally to ensure effective management and operation of key sport and active recreation facilities. You will develop and maintain the pipeline of sport and active recreation projects, including emerging needs for aquatic facilities, across Hepburn Shire.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Monitor and support the development and implementation of the project pipeline and master plans associated with sport and active recreation facilities.
- Work with local sporting clubs and active recreation community groups to help them strengthen their member base, participation rates and overall functionality.
- Contribute to the development of quality funding submissions to attract external funding for sport and active recreation infrastructure and program initiatives.
- Identify and support community-led sport and active recreation initiatives and programs.
- Play a key role in the development and implementation of various sport and active recreation Strategies and Plans, including the Recreation & Open Space Strategy and the Active Women & Girls Strategy.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field, with appropriate experience or lesser formal qualifications with substantial relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in sport and active recreation planning.
- Sound knowledge and experience in building the capacity of community organisations, clubs and management entities.
- High level written communication skills with experience in preparing funding submissions, operational reports and creating and maintaining databases.
- Experience within a local government context and the aquatics sector will be highly regarded.
How to apply
Please submit your application via SEEK and include the following:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be held on SEEK.
A position description and further information can be obtained by visiting Council’s Employment Opportunities web page: https://www.hepburn.vic.gov.au/employment-opportunities/
For a confidential discussion please contact Andrew Burgess, Manager Community & Economic Development on (03) 5321 6113.
Applications close: 23 February 2020
Hepburn Shire Council is committed to providing an inclusive and safe work environment which embraces the diverse backgrounds and experience of all people.