Permanent – Full Time with monthly RDO
Band 6 (commencing salary from $75,097 p.a.) + 9.5% super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Statutory Planner to provide prompt and courteous service, efficient and timely advice and assistance to all enquiries relevant to the matters administered by the Planning Department.
We are looking for a fun and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you take pride in your work and thrive on innovation come and join our team.
To be successful you will possess:
- Relevant qualifications and experience including:
- A tertiary qualification in Town Planning or other related discipline which meets the requirements for membership of the Planning Institute of Australia (PIA), together with a minimum of two years of relevant practical experience;
- Relevant and demonstrated experience in applying land use concepts and in dealing with statutory processes and planning principles, including social, economic and environmental matters with some experience in municipal planning;
- Experience at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal; and
- Relevant experience in statutory planning including heritage, urban and regional issues, preferably within a Local Government environment.
- Strong understanding of strategic planning principles and ability to understand and interpret planning schemes, legislation and complex proposals and applications.
- Strong interpersonal skills, well developed problem solving, liaison and conflict resolution skills and ability to relate effectively to difficult people.
- Ability to investigate and prepare reports and recommendations on varied planning issues as part of development assessments.
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence & Fun.
Please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to email@example.com.
For a confidential discussion call Justin Fiddes, Manager Planning on 03 5321 6182.
Closing date: Sunday 10 June 2018