- 12-month fixed term parental leave contract commencing in June 2019
- Band 6 commencing salary $75,961 p.a. (pro rata) plus 9.5% super
- Full time hours with a monthly RDO
- Great opportunity to further your local government experience within a rural Council
About the role
Reporting to the Coordinator Planning, the Statutory Planner role is responsible for assessing and processing planning and subdivision applications and preparing and presenting verbal and written reports to Council, government organisations and public community groups, in line with Council’s planning strategies and relevant legislation. You will offer well-informed, professional and timely advice and assistance to internal and external liaisons strongly supported by an understanding of the Planning and Environment Act, Subdivision Act and other relevant legislation. Your ability to prioritise work load and manage time effectively within a demanding work environment will be paramount, as you work within time constraints to process and deliver a range of planning applications.
A strong candidate for this role will have:
- Relevant qualifications in Town Planning or other related discipline which meets the requirements for membership of the Planning Institute of Australia (PIA)
- Demonstrated practical experience in statutory planning within a local government environment
- Well developed written and oral skills to investigate and prepare reports and recommendations on a variety of planning issues
- Knowledge of strategic planning principles and ability to understand and interpret planning schemes, legislation and complex proposals and applications
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate effectively to a diverse range of people and solve problems professionally and
- Ability to uphold and demonstrate Hepburn Shire Council’s Organisational Values of Accountability, Respect, Trust, Excellence & Fun.
How to apply
Visit SEEK and submit your application by clicking “Apply for this job” including a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined in the PD.
A position description and further information can be obtained here.
For a confidential discussion please contact Justin Fiddes, Manager Development & Community Safety on (03) 5321 6182.
Applications close Sunday 26 May 2019.