Six Month Contract – Full-time hours with a monthly RDO
Salary $1,152.35 per week plus 9.5% superannuation
The Hepburn Shire Council is ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle and spectacular scenery the area is fast becoming a popular haven for culture, food and wine.
Council has an exciting opportunity within the Planning Services Team to appoint a contract Statutory Planner based in Daylesford for a six month contract. We are seeking an individual who has a strong understanding of the Planning Scheme, relevant acts and legislation along with high level administration, interpersonal and customer service skills.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and engaged person to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia.
Key responsibilities and duties:
Provide a high level of customer service on statutory planning, building and environmental health matters to the Council, its departments and the public by undertaking the following duties:
- Responding to counter and phone enquiries, researching issues, responding to customers in a timely and accurate manner;
- Arrange application meetings for Planning, Building & Environmental Health;
- Assessing amended plan to comply with permit conditions including Condition One Plans and Secondary Consent;
- Assess Extension of Time requests; and
- Assessing Planning Applications.
To be successful you will possess:
- Degree or Diploma in Planning or lesser formal qualifications with relevant work skills and experience. (Knowledge of Building and/or Environmental Health or other related discipline desirable.)
- Ability to investigate and prepare reports and recommendations on varied planning, building and environmental health issues as part of development assessments.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with verbal and written communication skills of a high order, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Proven problem solving abilities, strategic thinking and sound judgment.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
To apply, please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a confidential discussion call Justin Fiddes, Manager Planning on 03 5321 6458.
Closing date: Sunday 7 May 2017