Storms & Floods
Storms and floods can occur at any time of the year and are a serious threat to property and life.
You can reduce the damage done to yourself or your property by following these tips:
- Tune in ABC radio for updates and weather warnings
- Regularly check the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) Website
- Make sure your emergency kit is ready
- Clean all guttering and downpipes
- Secure all loose outdoor furniture and objects
- Disconnect electrical appliances that are not in use
- Make sure your pet and animals are safely sheltered
- Never enter flooded roadways, streams or rivers when in flood
- Check on any elderly neighbours that may require assistance.
For assistance during a storm or flood please call the SES on 132 500. Further information on how to prepare during a storm or flood can be found on the SES website www.ses.vic.gov.au.
The Hepburn Municipal Flood Emergency Plan has been recently reviewed and updated and can be found via the link below.