Storms & Floods
Storms and floods can occur at any time of the year and are a serious threat to property and life.
You can reduce the damage done to yourself or your property by following these tips:
- Tune in ABC radio for updates and weather warnings
- Regularly check the Bureau of Meteorology (BOM) Website
- Make sure your emergency kit is ready
- Clean all guttering and downpipes
- Secure all loose outdoor furniture and objects
- Disconnect electrical appliances that are not in use
- Make sure your pet and animals are safely sheltered
- Never enter flooded roadways, streams or rivers when in flood
- Check on any elderly neighbours that may require assistance.
For assistance during a storm or flood please call the SES on 132 500. Further information on how to prepare during a storm or flood can be found on the SES website www.ses.vic.gov.au.