At last night’s meeting, Council considered an application for a 53 lot subdivision at 17 Smith Street, Daylesford. Council decided to issue a notice of decision to grant a permit for a 42 lot subdivision.
Council’s approval was based on a number of conditions that will result in a better outcome for the Daylesford community. These include:
- Requirement to amend the plan to include 38 standard lots, 1 heritage lot and 3 super lots identified to be eco-villages
- Retention of some trees and the original dwelling
- Inclusion of public open space and further tree lined boulevards, including a community park
- A minimum of 10% affordable housing be provided within the subdivision
- Develop and supply Sustainable Housing Design Guidelines
- Undertaking a traffic study.
These negotiated outcomes were achieved by the developer, Council and the community working together.