Permanent Full Time with Monthly RDO
Band 6 (commencing salary from $74,243 p.a.) + 9.5% super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Ballarat, Bendigo and Melbourne it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Sustainability Officer to this position to promote, implement and administer projects and programs that support the delivery of key strategic activities under the Sustainable Environment pillar of the Council Plan (2017-21).
We are looking for a motivated professional with demonstrated skills and success in implementing environmental sustainability projects to join our creative and dynamic team. We are a highly respected, diverse and collaborative team that is excited to be engaged with our community in the lifestyle capital of Australia. If you are passionate about making positive changes for the local community, please come and join our team.
Qualifications And Experience
- Demonstrated experience in delivering projects in environmental sustainability.
- A tertiary qualification in environmental science, natural resource management or a business discipline is preferred.
To be successful you will possess:
- Understanding of the legislative context in regard to environmental sustainability
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement regarding sustainability or environmental issues
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Success at preparing funding applications and sourcing funds for project delivery
- Proven ability to manage staff, time and a program budget
- Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
Please submit your application through SEEK here.
Applications are to include a:
- Cover letter;
- Resume; and
- Statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria as outlined above.
Should you have any difficulties submitting your application online, please email your application to email@example.com.
A position description and further information can be obtained at the Council’s web page www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
For a confidential discussion call Kathleen Brannigan, General Manager Community Service on 0438 481 324.
Closing date: Sunday 3 December 2017