Team Leader Maintenance, Daylesford
Permanent Full Time with fortnightly RDO
Band 5 (commencing salary $59,922 p.a.) + super
The Shire of Hepburn is the ‘Spa Capital of Australia’. It is renowned for relaxation and its spectacular heritage buildings, parks, reserves and native forests. Located in central Victoria and ideally situated within easy access to Melbourne, Ballarat and Bendigo it is a great place to live and work.
Council has an exciting opportunity to appoint a Team Leader Maintenance to assist in meeting the requirements and objectives of the team based at the Daylesford Depot. The Team Leader Maintenance will effectively promote and encourage team spirit, whilst overseeing and leading the activities of staff members engaged in a variety of infrastructure maintenance and construction duties.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Assist and support the Works Co-ordinator in planning and overseeing all activities of the maintenance team to ensure objectives and priorities are met.
- Assist the Works Coordinator to develop and implement the Maintenance Works program in accordance with the Council budget.
- Lead and supervise staff members to ensure best practice is achieved.
- Plan and coordinate resources for maintenance operations.
- To maintain expenditure against given budgets and to assist in the annual budget preparation as appropriate.
- Perform safe and competent operational duties for construction and maintenance works as required, including direction of on-site progress of works and ensuring appropriate safety procedures, for both work crews/operators and the public, are observed.
- Responsible for the activities undertaken by staff, subcontractors and plant to specific work activities and areas on a daily basis.
- Ensure that the works are carried out within the required time, to the required quality and within budget.
To be successful you will possess:
- Qualifications and/or sound experience in road maintenance and related fields.
- Demonstrated staff supervisory and team building experience and competence.
- Good communications skills (both verbal and written) and the capacity to interact effectively with staff and the public.
- Ability to develop, plan, program, undertake and supervise maintenance and improvement works associated with Council’s road and drainage infrastructure using sound judgement and decision make skills.
- Demonstrated ability to estimate quantities and materials.
- Demonstrated practical OHS and Traffic Management knowledge.
- Knowledge of plan reading and pegging site requirements and processes in regards to infrastructure, roads and drainage maintenance and construction works.
- Ability to demonstrate and display the Hepburn Shire Council Values – Accountability, Respect, Excellence, Trust and Fun.
A copy of the Position Description is available through the employment section on the Council’s website: www.hepburn.vic.gov.au.
Applications must include a resume and statement addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description, and be emailed to email@example.com
For a confidential discussion call Darren Dumesny, Manager Strategic Project Delivery on 0417 144 403.
Closing date: Sunday 4 October 2015